Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I don’t mind looking and monitoring my positions when things are going my way...

what made the difference?... I lost a lot yesterday....but I was holding some positions from yesterday that I thought were going to workout today... and they did.

Today was different in a sense that I had prepared for it since yesterday. Both mentally and physically... I had taken some precaution and studied for it. I was looking at my positions at night and took mental notes... then ... I woke up at 5 in the morning which I normally never do.

I was monitoring the mkt an hr before the open.?

I heard some news at that time ... decided to take action immediately at the open... which in reality would not have mattered... since it did not gave me any advantage... but I was mentally more prepared and had relatively more confidence...

3. I also felt that I was more focused today.

In the morning I saw the DOW up 100 ... but started noticing that my stocks (GOOG, GS, BIDU) where actually down at that moment... I was holding puts on those and (as oppose to normal days).. I did not sell in panic but kept holding and even added more ....

Also the major reason was that:

4. the mkt kept moving in the same direction steadily, all day long, as oppose to yesterday when it turned around near the end of the day...

So I think the big reason for today’s success must have been the mkt's consistent move...
since I don’t mind looking and monitoring my positions when things are going my way... I was more focused!!

If the mkt had moved away or my positions had reversed I would not have paid as much attention as I did?